Most Commonly Asked Questions Regarding CHS
Below given information is subject to change. This is general information for the convenience of CHS. We recommend you to refer Model bye laws before taking any decision. Acme Computers is not responsible for any consequences.
Registration of Society
1. What is the minimum number of promoters required to join the registration proposal?
~ 60% of the flat purchasers/ promoters are required to join the registration proposal if building is constructed by builder/developer.
~ 90% promoters are required to join the registration proposal for society of open plot type category.
2. What is the minimum number of promoters required to sign the registration proposal?
~ 60% of the promoters who have joined the registration proposal are required to sign it.
3. Whether Co-operative Housing Society having less than 10 units can be registered?
~ Cooperative Housing Society having less than 10 units can be registered subject to the following conditions: The built up area of each unit should not be more than 700 sq. ft. There should not be balance F.S.I.
4. What is the remedy available, if the builder does not register a Co-operative Housing Society?
~ Chief Promoter of the proposed society shall submit a registration proposal of the cooperative housing society to the concerned Registrar under the category of non- co-operation of builder.
~ Registrar may consider such a proposal for Registration on merit.
5. What are the conditions for registration of Cooperative Housing Society in private building?
~ Conditions for registration of CHS in Private building ~ Registering authority can register CHS on merit if 90% of the tenants join the registration proposal.
~ Registering authority can register CHS on merit and with previous approval of State Government if 75% to 90% of the tenants join the registration proposal.
~ Proposal for registration will not be entertained if percentage of tenants is below 75%
~ The Tenant promoter joining the proposed CHS shall have to agree to contribute to the cost of flats of non joining tenants.
~ In case tenants have created sub tenancy in terms of Rent Act, sub tenants and not the tenants be allowed to join the proposed CHS.